The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes
Process Modeling Expert-5466 LBD
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for a Process Modeling Expert for a 12-month contract with possible extension based in the Valais area, Switzerland. The Senior Process Modeling Expert provides hands-on process, modeling and simulation expertise during the early project phases and leads the process modeling discipline in the project early phase team. The technical areas of responsibility include biologics-, cell & gene therapies-, mRNA-, small molecules-, bioconjugates- and drug product/aseptic manufacturing as well as labs.
- Generating generic process model templates for the different divisions (mammalian, bioconjugates, mRNA, small molecules etc.).
- Own and deliver the process modeling/simulation area during project initiation phases (ideation, feasibility, concept design).
- Create detailed process models by defining the various components, unit operations and equipment involved in the process as well as the sizing of the equipments.
- Provide comprehensible decision basis during design development regarding production capacity, operability and profitability by assessing and addressing different production models.
- Act as servant leader, integrator and collaborator – willing to lend a hand/support everyone in her/his sphere of influence.
- Work within a technical engineering context and integrate process engineering, operations, site engineering, tech transfer and maintenance aspects into the process modelling.
- Perform economic analysis by estimating capital and operating costs, allowing stakeholders to evaluate the profitability of different process alternatives.
- Support environmental impact assessments of processes, including factors like energy consumption, waste generation and emissions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Engineering. Preferred: Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in Biotechnology, Pharma or similar industry.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in Design/Construction of biopharma-, pharma- and chemical facilities; controls systems
- Proven Process, CIP, and SIP knowledge.
- Experience with modeling/simulation software (e.g. SuperPro Designer, Aspen Plus, etc.).
- Fluent English language written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in German strongly preferred.