The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Research Associate in Flow Cytometry (m/f/d) – 5501
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. We are currently looking for a Research Associate in Flow Cytometry for a 12-month contract (with high possibility for extension) based in Basel, Switzerland.
Our client is united by their mission to transform science into medicines. Together, they create a culture defined by curiosity, responsibility and humility, where talented people are empowered and inspired to bring forward extraordinary life-changing innovation at speed.
The 360 Labs are a new capability that is currently being built up within the Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development organization . The primary mission of this effort is to provide greater access and support for the use of cutting-edge biomedical research technologies by scientists across our discovery portfolio. Operating as an integrated ecosystem, the 360 Lab environment will deliver core scientific technologies, expertise and enabling activities, as well as facilitate knowledge sharing and learning experiences in close collaboration with our therapeutic areas and functions. Together, these efforts will serve to increase the speed, enhance the robustness and improve the sustainability of our exploratory research and early discovery activities.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry and at least 3 years of industry level working experience in flow cytometry. Ideally the person has related experience in the execution of cell analysis and cell sorting experiments, including the design of multiplexed panels. Candidates should be detail-oriented and precise workers.
- Perform daily QC on instruments. monitor performance and perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting on equipment to ensure continual production of high-quality experimental data
- Provide training and support across a wide range of flow cytometry instrumentation such as BD Fortessa/Symphony A5, BC Cytoflex, Attune NxT, iQue, and Cytek Aurora platforms, as well as independent operation of cell sorters, such as BD FACSAria Fusion
- Work closely with other laboratory research teams across the organization to formulate innovative flow cytometry strategies and assist with panel design, data analysis and interpretation
- Apply scientific rigor to ensure proper and robust assay documentation and high quality (FAIR) data generation
- Embrace a continuous learning mindset by actively engaging with the scientific literature to stay abreast of emergent technologies/ approaches in the flow cytometry field
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- BS, Masters or PhD degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or another relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of research experience in flow cytometry is required
- Hands-on experience in flow cytometry in the execution of cell analysis and cell sorting experiments, including the design of multiplexed panels
- In-depth experience with the design and execution of flow cytometry experiments /multiplexed panel design, together with complex data analysis and interpretation of results leveraging different software platforms, such as FlowJo, OMIQ, or other flow cytometry data analysis platforms
- Robust knowledge of flow cytometry techniques and technology platforms and proven experience working in a flow cytometry shared resource laboratory
- Familiarity with the software tools and resources commonly used in the analysis of flow cytometry data
- Excellent written communication and presentations skills with a high fluency in English
- Solid understanding of the operations processes involved in early drug discovery & development
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.