Scientific Data Application Specialist (5256)
Providing Flexible Resourcing Solutions
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, CTC is a specialist life-sciences recruitment organisation. We place specialist talent into contract and permanent positions in the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical devices and CRO industries.
An in-depth experience in life-sciences recruitment combined with an established and extensive local network means that CTC offers clients and candidates the “Gold standard” in recruitment services. With an expertise honed over many years at the cutting-edge of the life-sciences industry, we help companies find people and we help people find companies.
Scientific Data Application Specialist – 5256 URA
Our client is a multinational company based in Lausanne performing Clinical Research in areas such as nutritional’s by prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Within their Scientific IT and Data Office team in the Scientific and Technical Operations Unit, they are looking for a Scientific Data & Application Specialist who can enable scientists, Data Analysts and Data Scientists to accelerate data driven, purpose oriented scientific discoveries within the Research division.
The ideal candidate should have technical understanding of various laboratory data, information management systems and how it can be leveraged for scientific research project. This is a Permanent role based in Lausanne area, Switzerland.
Business Analysis & Technical Activities
- Contribute to / influence / own Research Data management / architecture decisions
- Gather, Translate and Configure end user and stakeholder needs and data governance decisions within applications: LIMS – Lab Information Management System and Electronic Lab Notebook and within appropriate data integrations (flows)
- Build, Maintain, Modernize and monitor integrations between different applications in Scientific Data / Applications Landscape
- Proactively find opportunities to automate data maintenance and application / configuration management activities
Strategy / Vision / Governance
- Setup and administer ongoing governance to consider inputs from end user, stakeholders, and technical architects for driving the future evolution of scientific applications
- Analyze and benchmark with competitive (external) landscape, specifically for TCO / value for money to inform various application lifecycle decisions
- Define and maintain 12 months+ rolling roadmap bringing together, current, and future needs of Research Institutes, fit into broader architecture / ecosystem of Research applications
- Define, Refine, and Deliver on Application Performance and Value metrics – KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and KVIs (Key Value Indicators)
- Manage and adapt external expertise, external applications licenses and associated external spend required to manage the lifecycle of scientific application through measurable Key Performance and Key Value indicators and own the governance of related commercial contracts
- Apply User Persona based segmentation, Design Thinking and User Experience reviews to contextualize scientific applications’ capabilities, prioritize roadmap scope addressing needs of end users – beyond their wants & demands
- Increase adoption of various scientific applications and improve customer (stakeholders) and user satisfaction implementing various tools like User adoption technologies, Surveys, etc Security, Compliance & Risk Management
- Ensure all applications in scope are secure and compliant and with necessary internal standards and where applicable, external standards
- Ensure business continuity plan and disaster recovery plans are setup and ready for activation considering the needs of users and stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience:
- 7+ years' experience in managing (or contribution to management of) lifecycle of applications / digital products starting from understanding user context to driving user adoption, applying digital product management principles in roles of Business Analyst / Application Owner / Technical Specialist / Product Owner
- 5+ years' experience in configuring and managing lifecycle of applications / digital products related to complex lab data management applications – Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and associated data flows and integrations
- Programming languages / techniques: Python, R, Rest API, SFTP Systems: Agilent SLIMS, Lab Key Methodologies: Design Thinking, Usability, Product Management, Agile framework, Togaf or similar architecture frameworks
- Excellent communication skills – in English. Capable of explaining complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
Nice to have:
- Experience in managing bioinformatics data pipeline management systems