Scientist – Cellular and Soluble Biomarkers and Bioanalytics (5311)
The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development and one of the frontrunners in Personalised Healthcare. As the world's largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical and diagnostics domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally.
We are currently looking for a:
Scientist (Cellular and Soluble Biomarkers and Bioanalytics)
for a 12-month contract in Basel. The candidate will serve as an expert in developing cellular and soluble biomarker assays and act as a project leader, supporting therapeutic drug development in various diseases. They will represent the Chapter in cross-functional project teams and lead a matrix team of scientists and associates.
- Analyze cellular and soluble biomarkers as a representative and project lead for the Chapter.
- Plan, develop, perform, and monitor complex flow cytometry experiments and functional assays internally and externally.
- Develop assay strategies in global and cross-functional project teams to facilitate decision-making throughout drug development.
- Design and establish experimental protocols, process raw data, and create/review reports for the clinical biomarker team.
- Analyze, summarize, and present data to cross-functional teams.
- Ensure smooth knowledge and method transfer into Late Stage Clinical Development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in Biology, Immunology, Medical Science, Pharmacy, or similar field with strong clinical immunology expertise.
- 3+ years of experience in biomarker method development.
- 5+ years of experience in immunology.
- Advanced expertise in flow cytometry, including knowledge of different platforms (BD instruments and Spectral flow cytometry – Cytek) and data analysis tools (FACSDiva, FlowJo, SpectroFlo, Spotfire, R, Omiq, or similar).
- Scientific background demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Expert knowledge in analyzing soluble proteins, cellular targets, and cellular functions using immunoassays and flow cytometry.
- Familiarity with pre-clinical and clinical development requirements for therapeutic drugs in biomarkers and bioanalytics.
- Familiarity with various disease pathways and a strong interest in understanding new pathways, diseases, and mechanisms of action in the clinic.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us.