Senior Cost Engineer – 5540 URA
Our client, a global market leader in the production and process support of active pharmaceutical ingredients, both in the chemical and biotechnology sectors, is looking for Senior Cost Engineer for a 12 months contract (extension planned) based in the Valais area, Switzerland.
- Prepares cost control reports for Orca Project including, but not limited to, budgets, commitments, VOWD, forecasting, Capex expenditure, contingency management,variance analysis reporting and monthly project reporting.
- Specific emphasis on creation and maintenance of personnel plans, including collection of SAP actuals, liaison with Project Management to gather information in order to update future personnel requirements, thereafter interpretation of data and production of presentation materials to effectively demonstrate status, changes,projections, etc. and a no surprises mindset.
- Provides input to support project changes and ensures costs are captured into cost reports through chairing regular change meetings, promoting a ‘cost awareness and communication’ culture within the team to ensure clarity and accuracy of data and a ‘no surprises’ mindset.
- Ensures correct Cost Breakdown Structure coding is utilized for all requisitions, purchase orders and invoices.
- Analyse data to understand variances from plan and impact of actual performance on total installed costs.
- Participate in delivery team and functional team meetings and workshops as required.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for data, data analysis, and presentation materials.
- Provides assistance to other Cost Controllers as and when required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required
- Degree from an accredited college or university. Engineering, Science, Quantity Surveying, or Business Management degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Language: Excellent command of English required. Business fluent in German an advantage.
- 5+ years of experience cost engineering for large (> 100 Mio CHF) projects.
- Ability to interpret cost data in a consistent and efficient manner and articulate relevant information to senior management.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Microsoft office proficient.
- Proficiency in SAP and Oracle Primavera Unifier
- Experience working in a global environment.
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical facilities, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and commissioning type projects preferred.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to conduct analysis of complex/large data sets, draw conclusions accordingly, and prepare and support decisions.
- Able to deal with ambiguity – can conform to shifting priorities and demands.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.