The Life Science Career Network
CTC are specialised industry experts who can help companies source the best talent and provide reliable HR and consulting services, support varied candidates in finding promising career opportunities and offer the latest in skill development training programmes.
For our client, a leading pharmaceuticl company based in the Berne area, wer are looking for a
(Senior) Payroll Specialist
with a valid CH/EU work permit, as a contractor for (initially) 6 months.
The position works closely with Payroll Vendors to support processing of payroll, providing all appropriate payroll input, ensuring integrations are delivered and validating data before it is transferred to the vendor.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Ensures payrolls are processed accurately, on time and in accordance with all federal, state, local and regulatory requirements.
· First point of contact for all payroll related matters
· Interprets policies and regulation regarding leaves, disability, allowances, one time payments, garnishments etc and works closely with payroll vendors to ensure they are applied through payroll and settled correctly.
· Identifies and works with the Global Payroll Process Lead to implement process improvement within assigned payrolls.
· Working with the Global Compliance & Audit Lead provide support to any internal/external audit processes as required.
· Reviews payroll policies/ procedures and ensures that the payroll calendars and processing schedules are consistent with organizational policies.
· Work with the Global Payroll Process Lead to define Payroll requirements related to payroll projects or enhancements. Perform User Acceptance Testing and document results, ensure user guides are updated appropriately.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelors in HR/Accounting degree or Diploma in payroll is preferred
· 6-8 years of experience in Payroll with processing end to end payroll for multiple countries with more than 1500 employees total. Exposure to taxation, audit and compliance would be a plus.
· Strong payroll management, stakeholder management and communication skills. Effective leadership and engagement. High level analytical and problem solving capability. Strong process management and business process analysis competencies and demonstrated ability to support complex HR/Payroll models.
Interested? Contact me!