Systems Engineer Laser (m/w/d) (5287)
The Life Science Career Network CTC is one of the leading providers of recruitment solutions for the life science industry in Europe. We help our clients deliver innovative treatments to patients by providing and promoting the appropriately skilled and experienced professionals at the right time. We help our employees and applicants find exciting jobs that match their individual situations and career plans.
Our client is a medium-sized medical technology company with approximately 700 employees. For nearly 40 years, the company has provided innovative therapeutic, diagnostic and service solutions to numerous healthcare sectors. In its core areas, our client is the global market leader.
For the next possible date we are looking for a permanent position for a
Systems Engineer –Laser (m/w/d)
The holder of this position acts as an interface between the product management, who represent the customer, and the development engineers. The main responsibility lies in the analysis and implementation of user requirements in functional and non-functional system requirements. The focus is on usability, functional safety, adequate risk management and risk minimization. The aim is to deliver innovative solutions that meet both customer and legal requirements, particularly in terms of safety and effectiveness. The focus is on the development of medical laser systems, including optical adaptation and characterization as well as verification and documentation.
- Close cooperation with all parties involved, especially with product management, development engineers and representatives for approval issues.
- Ensuring that customer requirements are well understood and translated into system requirements resulting in safe, effective and user-friendly products.
- Implementation of the requirements engineering with the help of an ALM tool and creation of all associated results
- Optical adjustment and characterization of lasers including verification and documentation.
- Cooperation with external development partners in defining the system architecture including the interfaces and supporting documentation.
- Ensuring that products meet customer expectations and sales goals
- Error analysis and correction during the development process
- Support in the development of the design of medical laser systems based on defined requirements
- Performance testing of the complete medical device
- Support in evaluating cooling technologies for use in the laser product
- Observation of trends in optical technologies
- Pursuing suggestions for new product ideas and features
- Degree in physics or electronic/mechanical engineering or an equivalent degree with in-depth knowledge of the development of opto-mechanical and electrical components
- At least 3 years in research and development of laser components (optical, electrical, mechanical)
- Sound knowledge and technical understanding of laser technology, optics and the opto-mechanical structure
- Knowledge in the development of solid-state lasers (flash lamp and diode pumped)
- Knowledge in the development of medical devices and analogue electronic circuits.
- Experience in a systems engineering discipline, e.g. B. Requirements engineering, verification and validation, risk management, usability engineering
- Experience in creating functional safety concepts for medical devices (IEC 61508)
- Ability to model and map the system development process in an ALM tool (e.g. Intland codeBeamer)
- Open, creative, analytical, assertive
- Very good laboratory knowledge (problem-solving attitude, hands-on mentality, independent work, quality-oriented and conscientious working style
- High degree of team-oriented work and communication skills as well as initiative
- Good German and very good English skills, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of healthcare standards (FDA, IEC60601, EN62304)
- Experience in developing embedded software (e.g. Docklight, Labview, Python) and CAD tools (e.g. ProEngineer) would be desirable.
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.