Virtual Classroom: Understanding Pharma Market Access – new date to be announced shortly
January 1, 2021 @ 9:00 am - April 30, 2021 @ 12:00 pm CET
This training workshop will take place in a virtual format (two half-day modules) via a digital platform with live trainer interaction which will enable you to ask questions and discuss theory to ensure you have a comprehensive understanding of the course content.
These days, both clinical effectiveness and ‘value for money’ are essential and pharma companies must navigate an increasingly complex re-imbursement landscape to make sure the product reaches the patients for whom it is intended. This course provides an introduction to the dynamics and challenges of Market Access in assuring pharmaceutical brands reach the patients.
It will provide those active in, or working with the Healthcare Industry, an introduction to the Market Access dynamics and challenges.
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for professionals working in the pharmaceutical industry, particularly those in Drug Development, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs who want to learn about the role Market Access plays in providing access of pharmaceutical brands to patients.
At the end of this course participants will be able to
• Understand the Market Access landscape and the challenges from a Physician, Patient, Payer and Pharma perspective
• Explain what benefit or improved health outcomes means, including Quality of Life
• Learn the different types of assessments of evidence for economic evaluations, including Health Technology Assessment
• Gain understanding of pricing strategies and appreciate the country system differences
Module 1: 20th October 2020 / Module 2: 23rd October 2020 – 09:00 – 12:00 CET (incl. 30 mins. break)
• Introduction to Market Access
• Landscape: Who are the Stakeholders and what are their perspectives
• Health Outcome Assessment types
• Country systems
Dr Jolanda Groenhuijzen, MD is an independent consultant operating in the healthcare industry based in Basel. Prior to starting her own business, she was a seasoned healthcare industry professional: her experience includes international operational and managerial roles in Medical, Marketing and Market access for blue chip companies AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Novartis. She graduated as a Medical Doctor from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam.
Interactive sessions with a mix of lecture and case studies to illustrate the theory.
This course is accredited by the Swiss Association of Pharmaceutical Professionals (SwAPP) and the Swiss Society for Pharmaceutical Medicine (SGPM).
The training modules will be delivered via digital platform. In order get access you will need an internet connection, audio (from computer speakers or microphone), and a webcam (standalone or integrated with your monitor/laptop).
Registration Fee: CHF 680.00 + 7.7% VAT
15 % reduction for members of SwAPP and SBA
Special fees for CTC employees
Special rates available for PhD Students, please contact email@example.com
Registration fees include course documentation and a course participation certificate.
Payment: After registration you will receive confirmation and an invoice with instructions on how to complete the bank transfer. Full prepayment is needed prior to the course.
• Cancellations received more than 14 days before course: 100% refund less bank charges & cancellation fee of CHF 50.00
• Cancellations received 7-14 days before the course: 50% refund
• Cancellations received 7 days before the course: no refund
In case of no show, no refund will be made
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on future offerings.