The Life Science Career Network CTC is one of the leading providers of recruitment solutions for the life science industry in Europe. We help our clients deliver innovative treatments to patients by providing and promoting the appropriately skilled and experienced professionals at the right time. We help our employees and applicants find exciting jobs that match their individual situations and career plans.
Our client is a medium-sized medical technology company with approximately 700 employees. For nearly 40 years, the company has provided innovative therapeutic, diagnostic and service solutions to numerous healthcare sectors. In its core areas, our client is the global market leader.
For the next possible date we are looking for a permanent position for a
Development Engineer – Laser (m/w/d)
Development of medical laser systems including optical adjustment and characterization as well as verification and documentation.
- Optical adjustment and characterization of lasers including verification and documentation
- Error analysis and improvement during the development process
- Development of medical lasers according to defined requirements
- Testing of the medical device with regard to performance
- Evaluation and testing of cooling technologies for use in laser products
- Reports on the course of the development results
- Close cooperation within development with other departments both inside and outside the company
- Support for external research projects according to the defined goals
- Observation of trends in optical technologies
- Review and analysis of patents and scientific literature
- Pursuing suggestions for new product ideas and features
- Degree in Physics or Engineering or similar with a focus on design of opto-mechanical and electrical components
- at least 3 years of experience in R&D of laser components (optical, electronic, mechanical)
- In-depth knowledge and technical understanding of laser technology, optics and the opto-mechanical structure, knowledge of the construction of solid-state lasers (flash lamps and diodes pumped)
- Knowledge in the development of medical devices and analogue electronic circuits
- Very good laboratory skills (problem-solving and hands-on mentality, independent work, all-rounder, quality-oriented and conscientious working style)
- High degree of team-oriented work, creativity and communication skills as well as initiative
- Very good knowledge of English required
- Knowledge of healthcare standards (FDA, IEC60601, EN62304)
- Experience with embedded software development (e.g. docklight, labview, python) and CAD programs (e.g. ProEngineer
Would you like to learn more about CTC and the opportunity outlined? Please, get in contact with us: you may either use the 'apply now' button, or write an email to us, or reach out to us on the phone.